Our exam preparation courses for teenagers are taught by dedicated and qualified teachers who help students thrive in their English language learning, giving them a meaningful and relevant English learning experience.
Students are challenged and motivated to learn, encouraging them to reach their potential and boost their confidence ahead of their exams. These courses also prepare students to use their English in a fast-changing and globalised world.
Teens learning with the world's English experts will:
- Experience increased confidence when communicating in English
- Learn strategies and techniques to improve key exam skills such as creative writing and reading comprehension
- Learn 21st century skills such as team working, problem solving, debating and critical thinking
- Gain confidence to move towards becoming communicative global citizens
- Learn how to exploit a range of exciting online resources and use digital tools to enhance their English and exam skills
Course: S4 Plus - Preparation for Secondary exams
This course is ideal for learners who have a good degree of confidence in using English and need the extra support and motivation to enhance their fluency, accuracy and spontaneity in the language. A second aim of this course is to consolidate and expand the English learnt in the state and French school systems.
- Course covers essential exam skills for School Certificate Exam in English (SC)
- Course focuses on practice tests as exam dates draw near
- Course is supported by wide range of authentic materials & activities
- Panoply of communicative activities to encourage & support learners are used
Course: S5 Plus - Preparation for Secondary exams
This course is ideal for learners who have a high level of confidence and competence in using English and need the extra support and motivation to enhance their fluency, accuracy and spontaneity in the language.
- Course promotes and consolidates learner training skills required at this level in all four skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Introduces some more mature content, including topics such as taking part in interviews, making important decisions, and animal welfare.
- Course focuses on topics that have been chosen to appeal to learners of this age group and level
- Course focuses on general English without the focus on either SC or HSC exam preparation
Course: SMC Plus - Preparation for HSC exam
This course is ideal for learners who have a high degree of confidence and fluency in using English and need the extra support and motivation to increase proficiency in the language. A second aim of this course is to consolidate and expand the English learnt in the state and French school systems.
- Course covers essential exam skills for Higher School Certificate Exam in English (HSC)
- Course is focussed on practice tests as exam dates draw near
- Themes relevant for this age group’s interest & hobbies
- Takes into account local state, French & UK schools syllabuses
- Develop lexical range & grammatical accuracy
- Great emphasis is placed on developing learner-training skills such as summarising texts; scan reading and developing critical thinking skills through group work, project work and problem solving activities.
- Students are taught and equipped with techniques and strategies to increase proficiency when communicating in English, in addition to responding to implicit meaning in both written and oral communication.