About this course
IELTS Coach is a British Council course aimed at learners taking the Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing System) test. IELTS Coach lasts 10 weeks in total comprising 30 hours of learning, with 2 lessons each week of 1.5 hours.
Who is this course for?
This course is for intermediate students looking to improve their academic performance for the IELTS test. It is also suitable for those looking for an academic English course.
What does the course cover?
All participants receive detailed strategies for tackling many of the questions and essay types that appear in IELTS tests. In addition, the course includes full practice tests in each skill.
Course overview for each skill:
- Full practise with question types for Sections 1 to 4
- Form completion, sentence completion, summary completion, flowchart completion,
- Short answer, and multiple choice questions
- Language covered includes compound nouns, words with similar sounds, vocabulary for education, and linking expressions
- Topics include joining a club, living on a budget, education, and study trips
- Full practice for parts 1 to 3
- Giving extended and more detailed answers
- Identifying question types and increasing grammatical knowledge
- Improving pronunciation and avoiding breakdowns in speech
- Topics include study and work, media, education, leisure time, gifts, and travel
- A range of texts and question types such as flowchart completion, multiple choice, true/false/not given, heading matching, sentence completion, summary completion, and categorisation
- Language areas include language for science, numerical terminology, words with similar meaning, and compound words
- Topics include scientific discovery, population change, public art, and economic resources
- Full practice for Tasks 1 and 2
- Sub-skills include writing introductions and overviews, categorising data, following instructions, brainstorming and planning, and structuring paragraphs
- Topics include shopping, household budgets, advertising, international relations, and the world of work