DUE TO TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS CAUSED BY THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, THE CELTA COURSE WILL RUN ONLINE FROM 31 AUGUST - 04 DECEMBER 2020, AND OUR TEACHERS LOOK FORWARD TO BRINGING THEIR PASSION AND EXPERTISE INTO YOUR HOME.
Three out of four English language teaching jobs worldwide require a CELTA qualification. If you’re looking to start a career as an English teacher or improve your teaching skills, getting your CELTA qualification with the British Council is a great place to start. British Council is the only centre in Mauritius accredited by Cambridge English to deliver CELTA.
CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) in an internationally recognised teacher training and certification programme moderated and accredited by Cambridge Assessment English, a department of the University of Cambridge. For over 30 years, it has been offered worldwide in over 60 countries by over 300 schools and with over 12,000 graduates per year.
Our new 14-week online CELTA is similar in terms of objectives and content to the normal face-to-face version, but the delivery and logistics are different. Like the face-to-face CELTA course, CELTA Online has a significant practical component. In the words of Cambridge English ''The Cambridge CELTA Course Online (or CELTA Online) is a flexible way to take CELTA. It leads to the CELTA qualification and is assessed and moderated according to the same criteria.''
Take the Online CELTA course with the world's English experts and you will get:
- Internationally recognised qualification / respected by language teaching institutions worldwide
- Focus on practical teaching skills that can be immediately applied to the classroom
- Live observations of classes and practical feedback to help you progress
- Expert tutors
Why should I do Online CELTA?
- The course is spread out over 3 months to so participants can do the course while still working.
- It is significantly cheaper than the face-to-face version – 55,000 MUR instead of 74,000 MUR, and payments facilities available over a 4-month period.
- The course is flexible; much of the input comes from self-access modules, which can be accessed anytime anywhere.
- The certificate issued by Cambridge does not state the mode of delivery, i.e., trainees who successfully complete the online programme receive the same certificate.
- Trainees can participate from anywhere in the world.