DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, OUR FACE-TO-FACE CLASSES ARE TEMPORARILY CLOSED. THE LESSONS WILL CONTINUE ONLINE AND OUR TEACHERS ARE WAITING TO BRING THEIR PASSION AND EXPERTISE INTO YOUR HOME FROM SEPTEMBER 2020.
About this course
IELTS Coach is a British Council course for learners who take the Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing System) test. IELTS Coach lasts 10 weeks in total including 30 hours of learning, with 2 lessons per week of 1.5 hours.
Who is this course for?
This course is for intermediate students looking to improve their performance for the IELTS test. It is also suitable for those looking for an academic English course.
What does the course cover?
All participants are given detailed strategies for tackling many of the questions and essay types that appear in IELTS tests. In addition, the course includes comprehensive practice tests in each skill.
Course overview for each skill:
- Complete practice with question types for sections 1 to 4
- Form filling, sentence completion, summary completion, flowchart completion,
- Short answer and multiple choice questions
- Language covered includes compound nouns, words with similar sounds, vocabulary for education, and linking phrases
- Topics include club membership, living on a budget, education, and study trips
- Complete training for parts 1 to 3
- Give extended and more detailed answers
- Identify types of questions and increase grammar knowledge
- Improve pronunciation and avoid speech breakdowns
- Topics include study and work, media, education, hobbies, gifts, and travel
- A range of texts and question types such as flowchart completion, multiple choice, true / false / not given, title match, sentence completion, summary completion, and categorization
- Linguistic fields include language for science, numerical terminology, words with similar meanings, and compound words
- Topics include scientific discovery, population change, public art, and economic resources
- Complete training for tasks 1 and 2
- Sub-skills include writing introductions and presentations, categorizing data, following instructions, brainstorming and planning, and structuring paragraphs
- Topics include shopping, household budgets, advertising, international relations and the world of work.