Many UK universities offer Mauritian students the opportunity to study for a UK qualification in Mauritius. We assist these universities by administering exams on their behalf.
How to register
You need to register for your exam directly with the institution you are enrolled with.
It is your responsibility to contact the examination board (Universities, colleges and institutions) for confirmation and to ensure that the regulations and exam papers arrive at the British Council in advance of the exam date.
You need to register for your exam directly with the institution you are enrolled with. Please have the institution contact us at least one month in advance so we can verify if we will be able to conduct your exam on the required date. We will send you further information about the fees and the procedure to follow.
What are the fees
These fees cover the administration (venue, invigilation and courier) of your exams. Payment needs to be settled at least two weeks prior to the exam start date.
|Examination session between 08:00 and 18:00||Rs 3,700.00|
|Examination session after 18:00||Rs 5,200.00|
|Computer based exams||Rs 4,200.00|
- You will need a reference number before making your payment. Contact the British Council for your unique reference number. Alternatively, you can quote your student number (if you are a continuing student) or your National ID / Passport number as the reference number on your deposit slip
- We accept payments into our bank account from the following:
- pay by bank transfer
- pay by credit card at the counter.
3. To make any of the above payments you must quote your registration British Council assigned Reference Number / ID number in all reference fields that are available.
4. For candidates making payments via bank deposit, it is prudent to plan for an extra day or two for processing payments.
5. Failure to quote a reference number may delay your application process.
Where you will sit for the exams?
Once agreed with the University on the exam dates and times, they will notify you directly of these.
The exam venue will be confirmed and a location map provided upon registration.
What should you bring to the exam?
Bring along your identification document (National ID or Passport) and Institution Student ID.
No electronic devices will be allowed into the exam venue unless stated in the regulation.
When will you get your results?
Please note that the University / Professional body will send your results directly to you.
The British Council and the examining boards take all reasonable steps to provide continuity of service.
We feel sure you will understand, however, that we cannot be held responsible for any interruptions caused by circumstances beyond our control.
If examinations or their results are disrupted, cancelled or delayed, every effort will be made to resume normal service as soon as possible.
The British Council’s liability will be limited to the refund of the registration fee or retesting at a later date.
All fees are valid for the current registration period only and are subject to change.
Please check the relevant web pages for the latest fees before registering for the next session of exams.