Grants of up to a maximum of 180,000 euro for the support of Creative and Cultural industries(CCIs) in 14 countries in Eastern Africa. Implemented by HEVA, in partnership with the British Council Kenya with the financial contribution of the European Union, and with further support from theOrganisation of African, Carribean and Pacific Group of States OACPS).
All proposed projects must be implemented within a maximum of 6 months. Call for applications open from 22 November to 23 December 2022.
Eastern Africa's largets grant fund for creative and cultural industries.
Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda.
Welcome to the second call for applications of the ACP-EU Culture Programme (Eastern Africa): Ignite Culture's first application call was launched in August 2021 and awarded grants to our first cohort of 19 organisations in 2022. This grant was designed to enable organisations to successfully develop new ventures, programmes and projects for their target communities and demographics, which will go a long way to making their own work and the work of their target communities more sustainable.
(Organisations in this case means : associations, businesses, NGOs, public or government institutions, local authorities, universities, cultural institutes, museums, art centres, agencies, collectives, consortias etc. Provided they demonstrate legal and administrative autonomy)
This grant will also enable recipients to design, implement and engage in any suitable activities that:
- Strengthen the creative and cultural ecosystem in which practitioners and organisations operate in Eastern Africa;
- improve the access and visibility of the diverse creative and cultural sectors in Eastern Africa;
- promote economic growth of the creative sector and cultural sector in the Eastern African region.
Through grant financing of between 30,000 euros and 180,000 euros, prospective applicants should direct any financial support toward the following activities:
- increasing the quality and /or quantity of creative and cultural goods and /or services
- improving visual literacy of audiences, visibility of makers and access to new markets for creative and cultural goods and services from Eastern Africa
- building appropriate,industry-ready skills and capacity for young people entering the cultural and creative sectors
- improving the capacity and knowledge of Eastern Africa's creative and cultural practitioners on policy, legal and financing frameworks impacting the sector and increasing their ability to advocate for more supportive policy and legal structures
Read more details about these four project focus areas here
Find the how to apply video,guidelines for applications, FAQs and other helpful guidelines on our main Ignite Culture page.
For French version visit the Ignite Culture French page