Book your exam online and access our free preparation materials today.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online.
|Tests we offer||Fee||Available test date|
|IELTS Academic in centre (paper or computer)||Rs 7,500||Find a test date|
|IELTS General Training in centre (paper or computer)||Rs 7,500||Find a test date|
What you need to book
- Have a form of valid ID (passport or national ID card) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Ensure your bank account has 'Online Banking' activated to allow online payments.
- MANDATORY: Ensure that you write your IELTS Reference number in the purpose/comments/remarks section. This is a 15 digit number (example: MU861-XXXXXX-XXXX) without which we will not be able to process your payment.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or via bank transfer.
- Send us the bank transfer receipt with the rest of your registration documents, once you have made the payment.
- Here are our bank details:
|Bank Name||Standard Bank (Mauritius) Limited|
|Bank Account Name||British Council|
|SWIFT Code / BIC||SBICMUMU|
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date
- your access to the free online preparation courses: Road to IELTS Last Minute Version and IELTS WordReady.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates to learn everything you need to know about the format, the different exam components and test results.