The British Council in Mauritius offers IELTS Academic and General Training tests in Mauritius, Madagascar and Seychelles.
You can book and pay for your IELTS test with us online or at our office in Rose Hill. When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test||Rs 7,100||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered test||Rs 7,100||Book now
To book your test you will need to
- Have a form of valid ID (passport or national ID card) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Ensure your bank account has 'Online Banking' activated to allow online payments.
- MANDATORY: Ensure that you write your IELTS Reference number in the purpose/comments/remarks section. This is a 15 digit number (example: MU861-XXXXXX-XXXX) without which we will not be able to process your payment.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or via bank transfer.
- Send us the bank transfer receipt with the rest of your registration documents, once you have made the payment.
- Here are our bank details:
|Bank Name||Standard Bank (Mauritius) Limited|
|Bank Account Name||British Council|
|SWIFT Code / BIC||SBICMUMU|
IELTS test date confirmation
Once your booking is complete, you will receive the following:
- An email confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
- Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 day window before or after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
- After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
- You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please ensure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.