We offer professional development opportunities for educators and school leaders.
The British Council’s leadership programme for rectors and senior educators provides tailor-made training to turn effective managers into aspiring leaders.
Designed and tested by specialists in school leadership and delivered by experienced facilitators, the programme consists of 20 modules. These modules cover topics such as:
• shaping the future – vision, mission statement and school culture
• team building and time management
• staff motivation, staff development and the power of coaching
• managing change and planning for the future
• leading effective teaching and learning
• leading on effective behaviour management
• building a great culture and goal-setting for success
Since the programme was launched in 2010, we have delivered some 80 workshops to over 200 Rectors, Deputy Rectors and Quality Assurance Officers.
We work closely with the Ministry of Education and the Mauritius Institute of Education to support the professional development of English teachers through workshops and other training events.
We offer a full range of training materials, classroom resources and networking opportunities to meet the needs of teachers of English throughout their career.